I've made some observations over the last eight years of motherhood about toddlers. The most interesting observation? Having a toddler in the house is like having a puppy. Really. Think about it...
1. They're both adorable and steal your heart.
2. They whine when they want attention. This is also true of some adults.
3. They beg for treats. And they throw you those big puppy dog eyes that make it really hard to say no.
Speaking of treats, my kids love these veggie straws, and they dissolve so they're great for toddlers!
4. They chew on things. I have seen all of my toddlers contentedly chewing on shoes. And anything else that fits in their mouths.
5. They are always begging to go outside. When Katie was a toddler, she once asked to go outside specifically to pee in the yard. I said no.
6. They run away from you every chance they get. And they're fast.
7. They play fetch. Or maybe it's just my toddlers that do this. One of my kids' favorite things to do when they were toddlers was to give me a ball to throw so they could retrieve it and bring it back for me to throw again.
8. They're always underfoot. And they cry when you step on them.
9.They have a tendency to bite. It took me forever to get Katie to stop biting when she was a toddler.
10. They need to be housebroken/potty trained. Either way, you're going to be cleaning up a lot of accidents on the floor.
These potty training pads are great for both puppies and toddlers :)
Have you noticed your toddler or child acting like a puppy?
Tweet: How are toddlers like puppies? http://bit.ly/1WfP8gj @SunshineNSpoons
This post is linked up at: 1. The Modest Mom Blog 2. The Beauty in His Grip 3. What Joy is Mine 4. Donna Reidland 5. Our Home of Many Blessings 6. Marilyn's Treats 7. Smart Mom Smart Ideas 8. The Joy Chaser 9. DebCB 10. Cornerstone Confessions 11. Rich Faith Rising 12. Sweet Little Ones 13. Live Randomly Simply 14. Jenerally Informed 15. A Wise Woman Builds Her Home 16. Classical Homemaking 17. The Life of Jennifer Dawn 18. Marilyn's Treats 19. You're So Trendy 20. Raising Samuels 21. Holly McBerty 22. Grammie Time 2 23. Cord of 6 24. You Are a Daisy 25. Coffee Shop Conversations 26. Create With Joy 27. Susan B Mead 28. Raising Samuels